This silky and tasty pasta recipe with creamy red pepper cashew sauce is super easy to make and absolutely delicious. If you are pressed for time you can make the sauce while the pasta is cooking. Nutritional yeast has a delicate cheesy flavor so you certainly will not miss the cheese!
Pasta With Creamy Red Pepper Cashew Sauce [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Pasta and Sauce:
- 10.5 ounces dry pasta (gluten-free or grain-free if necessary)
- 5 ounces unsalted cashews
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers from a jar
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of black olives
- 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Soak the cashews for 4 hours or overnight in a bowl of water.
- Drain cashews. Place in a blender with red peppers, nutritional yeast, garlic clove, lemon juice, smoked paprika, and water. Blend until you have a smooth and creamy sauce. Season to taste.
- When ready to cook, boil some water in a saucepan and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Drain cooked pasta. Toss in cashew sauce. Serve straight away topped with olives, sliced sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.