These asparagus spears make a great side for your spring meals. They're light, refreshing, citrusy, and good for you! Leave them as tall and tender stalks, or slice them up and throw them in a quinoa salad.
Pan-Seared Lemon and Garlic Asparagus [Vegan]
- A large bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads of garlic, peeled with ends trimmed
- 1 small lemon, quartered
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash asparagus in cold water and pat dry very well. Heat olive oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook for about 2 minutes per side until it starts to brown slightly. Add garlic cloves and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until garlic and asparagus are nicely browned. Add lemon and pour in about 1 inch of water then cover with lid.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and asparagus is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.