This paleo and vegan strawberry swirl white chocolate walnut fudge is a bite-sized piece of pure heaven! It’s thick and creamy just like fudge should be. The touch of fresh strawberry heightens each bite while the crunch of the walnuts adds texture. The best thing about this fudge is that it can still be insanely yummy and refined sugar-free, diary-free, and grain-free!
Paleo Strawberry Swirl White Chocolate Walnut Fudge [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the White Chocolate Walnut Fudge:
- 6 ounces raw cacao butter
- 3/4 cup coconut butter (see note)
- 1/4 cup unrefined, organic coconut oil
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 - 1 cup chopped walnuts
For the Strawberry Filling:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
To Make the Paleo White Chocolate Walnut Fudge:
- Line a 9x5-inch bread pan with parchment paper or foil (you can probably use an 8x8-inch pan, but the fudge will be thinner).
- Start by melting the raw cacao butter in double boiler (if you don’t have one, you can make your own by bringing water to a boil in a medium saucepan and placing a heat-safe bowl over it, making sure the water is at least 1-2 inches below the bowl).
- Once melted add it to your food processor and add the coconut oil (the warm cacao butter will melt the oil), coconut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and the sea salt and blend for about 2 minutes. It should be smooth and creamy! Thereafter, stir in the walnuts.
- Next, pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Transfer it to the refrigerator while you make the filling.
To Make the Strawberry Filling:
- Add the strawberries, tapioca starch, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth and place in the refrigerator until the fudge has solidified a bit (check after 20-30 minutes).
- Once the fudge is partially solidified, remove it from the refrigerator and place drops of the strawberry filling all over the top. Using a butter knife or similar object swirl in the strawberry filling. Make sure to swirl it on the sides, too, so that the white chocolate can solidify—if you don’t mix it well enough then the strawberry filling won’t set as well.
- Transfer the pan back to the refrigerator for about 2-4 hours and let it fully harden. Then, remove it from the refrigerator and cut into squares with a sharp knife!
You can make your own by blending 1 3/4 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth.