These pumpkin patties are a feast between two slices of toasted bread. Savory pumpkin patties made from carrots, olives, chickpea flour, and spices, a creamy tofu spread, and plenty of veggies. The entire meal is crispy, delightful and flavorful, plus you have the addition of savory tomato sauce, apricot jam, and hot sauce.
Overloaded Pumpkin Burger Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Overloaded Pumpkin Burger Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pumpkin Burgers:
- 2 cups pumpkin steamed cubes
- 1 cup packed grated carrots
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons dry parsley
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam or chutney
- 1/4 cup packed sauerkraut
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
For the Sandwich Spread:
- 2.8 ounces tofu
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 dropper orange stevia or orange juice to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- A few splashes of tabasco sauce
For the Add-Ons:
- Baked spiralized zucchini
- Tomato sauce, to serve
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Apricot jam
- Toasted bread or buns
How to Prepare Overloaded Pumpkin Burger Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Burgers:
- Blend all ingredients except flour and hemp seeds until smooth.
- Add to bowl with flour and seeds and mix til well combined.
- Chill 1 hour, then preheat oven to 355°F and line a baking tray.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, turning halfway.
To Make the Sandwich Spread:
- Blend until smooth, then store in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.