These muffins are packed with the goodness of whole wheat flour, oranges, walnuts, and cranberries!
Orange Cranberry Muffins [Vegan]
For the Muffins:
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Grease one standard size muffin pan or prepare silicone molds.
- Whisk together first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl take oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Add more orange juice if the batter feels too thick or dry. Do not over mix.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Or until the muffins are well risen and browned around the edges.
- Transfer to the rack to cool.
- Mix the ingredients for glaze. It should be thick.
- Take glaze in a piping bag and drizzle over the muffins.