This recipe comes together easily because it's all in one pot! What could be better? Not only is the flavor amazing, but you'll feel like you're eating a fancy pasta dish instead of a one pot meal. The melted cheese takes this recipe to the next level!
One Pot Pasta Bake [Vegan]
- 3 1/2 cups gluten free pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 jar passata (680g)
- 1 tsp dried oregano1 tsp dried basil
- handful olives, sliced
- handful spinach
- 1 cup vegan cheese, grated
- drizzle olive oil
- large pinch salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 390°F.
- In a large pot add 500g pasta with boiling water and a large pinch of salt. Allow to cook for around 8 minutes until al dente.
- Meanwhile prepare the diced red onion, garlic, mushrooms, olives and drain the black beans.
- Drain the pasta and place back into the same pot, add in the red onion, garlic, mushrooms, olives, spinach, basil, oregano, black beans, olive oil, passata, salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Now top with the grated cheese and place in the oven at 200C with the lid on for 10 minutes (optional, this helps the cheese melt first)Remove the lid (if you used) from the pot and bake for a further 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
Serve it straight to the table in the pot ready to tuck in. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge overnight and have for lunch/dinner the next day.