Savory, rich, and ultra-creamy curried lentils. All made in one-pot and with simple ingredients. This is the perfect dish for a family dinner or meal prepping!
One-Pot Curried Lentils [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped veggies of choice (I used broccoli and carrot)
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup diced, canned tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ground ginger, curry powder, and a generous pinch of salt.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir in tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and smash them a bit with the back of a fork. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes. Add cooked lentils and vegetables of choice.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper as needed. Stir in lemon juice.