This vibrant cheesecake is so much more than just another beautiful dessert. The sticky date crust is topped with a luxurious cashew cheesecake that's full of blueberries and a few scoops of vanilla protein powder that make each bite taste delicious and gives you the protein you need to succeed throughout the day. Plus, it's oil-free, so you can indulge guilt-free.
Oil-Free Blueberry Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened or almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3-5 tablespoons water
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 block silken tofu, soft
- 1/3 cup melted coconut butter or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4-5 drops stevia
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Prepare the crust by processing the dates, coconut and coconut flour in your food processor or vitamix.
- Add the water as needed, until you have a sticky consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a cheesecake pan or mini cheesecake molds and place them in the freezer while you make the cheesecake topping.
- Blend all the filling ingredients, except for blueberries, until they're smooth and creamy.
- Make sure your mixtures is smooth and then add the blueberries. Mix everything again until it's creamy and smooth.
- Spread mixture over crust and freeze it for 12-24 hours.
- Remove the cake from freezer and leave it outside for 10-15 minutes before cutting it. Keep it in the refrigerator, as the cheesecake starts to cool down it will get softer and creamier.
If you only plan to eat a little piece, leave half the cheesecake in the refrigerator and freeze the other half.