Easy oil-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free scones with tahini, oatmeal, and chocolate chips. Perfect with a warm beverage in the morning or evening!
Oatmeal Tahini Chocolate Chip Scones [Vegan]
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- heaping 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons "stiff" tahini
- 3/4 cup coconut milk lite
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut sugar
- optional 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted (for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oat flour, oats, and baking powder in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Add in the tahini, coconut milk, and coconut sugar and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. You should have a thick dough-y ball.
- Spread the dough on a parchment lined cutting board and press into an 8" circle (see photo).
- Use a damp knife, cut the dough into 6-8 wedges. Leave the wedges in a circle and don't pull apart yet.
- Bake the scones for 15-17 minutes, then remove from the oven, recut the wedges (if necessary) and pull apart to separate. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Drizzle with optional melted dark chocolate. To do this, melted chocolate in a saucepan over low heat until liquified, then drizzle over scones in a zigzag pattern with a spoon.
- Store leftover scones at room temperature for 5-7 days or freeze for longterm storage.