These noodles with veggies and spicy Szechuan peanut sauce are simple to make and absolutely delicious! This plant based dish is quick to prepare and will become a fast favorite to add to your plant based, oil free rotation.
Noodles With Veggies and Spicy Szechuan Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
For the Spicy Szechuan Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Half a box of whole wheat, whole grain or sprouted spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale (already washed)
- 2 small green onions, chopped (discard root end and use the rest - white and green parts)
- Spicy Szechuan Peanut Sauce (already made)
- Raw peanuts, chopped
First make the Peanut Sauce by placing all of the Peanut Sauce ingredients into your blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for now.
Heat a skillet over medium heat for two minutes. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the kale and green onions and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Turn of the heat and set aside for now.
Cook your noodles according to the directions on the box. When they are cooked, transfer to a strainer and quickly rinse with water. You don’t want to cool down your noodles completely, you want them warm, so only rinse with water for a couple of seconds. Strain out as much water from the noodles as possible by tapping the strainer against the sink. You don’t want your dish to be watery - so really tap out as much excess water as possible.
Place a portion of noodles in each bowl and top with some mushroom / kale mixture. Add some peanut sauce and mix together. Top with chopped peanuts and dig in.