These No-Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas are easy to prepare and totally kid-approved! They're perfect for weeknight dinners and will impress everyone at the table!
No-Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 large corn tortillas - or wheat tortillas
- 1/2 package Soy Curls
- 3 cups no-chicken broth - or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon oil (grapeseed works well)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup salsa
- 2-3 chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- pinch garlic powder
- vegan sour cream - to top or dip
- chopped cilantro - for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place tortillas on the prepared sheet.
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe dish, bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat and add Butler Curls. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain Curls. Using a cheesecloth, remove as much water as you can from Curls (the drier the better!).
- In a large bowl, add Curls, liquid smoke, and cornstarch. Toss well.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add Curls and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in salsa, cumin, and green onions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and garlic powder. Brush garlic butter onto one side of each tortilla. Flip, so buttered side is on the pan face down.
- Scoop the Curls mix onto one half of each tortilla (you will be folding it, so keep one side plain).
- Top Curls mix with the vegan cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve with vegan sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro.
- All Vegan Cheese