No bake desserts are the best. I’m definitely more capable of having success with a dessert that doesn’t require cooking. And with that said let me tell you there was some issues with one of the desserts below. But as always, I wouldn’t share a train wreck recipe with you if wasn’t worth talking about.
No-Bake S’mores Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Mash graham crackers up into crumbs. Reserve a couple tablespoons of crumbs for garnish. Mix in melted vegan butter. If your mixture looks too dry, follow the tip in the notes below. If you don't care about a delicious mess on your plate, don't bother Put crust in vessel of choice (glass pan or cupcake liners).
- Mix vegan marshmallows and condensed coconut milk (or coconut cream). Melt them together. This took about 1 minute in my microwave.
- Very quickly pour the marshmallow filling on top of the crust before it cools and becomes difficult to work with. Place in freezer for one hour.
- Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon coconut oil. You can do this in the microwave in 15-second bursts until everything is melted.
- Pour chocolate on top of dessert and garnish with graham cracker crumbs. Place in the freezer until chocolate is completely set.
- Once set cut if you’re making bars. Let them soften a little before eating. Expect the marshmallow to expand once it warms up. Serve.