These no-bake mint cherry tarts are so easy to make and almost dangerously easy to eat. The crust is coconutty, with a bit of buckwheat crunch. Then they are filled with a creamy vanilla bean and mint cream and then they’re topped with beautiful fresh cherries. The chewy and crunchy crust is just the perfect vessel for the smooth and creamy filling and juicy cherries.
No-Bake Mint Cherry Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/4 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat groats
- Water, if needed
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup silken tofu, drained
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- Add dates, oats, and coconut to a food processor and process until all ingredients are broken down and begin to form a ball. If it seems to dry and isn't coming together, add a splash of water.
- Add in the buckwheat groats and pulse until combined, but not completely broken down.
- Line 6 muffin pans with parchment paper.
- Press a heaped tablespoon of the dough into each pan and using your fingers press the dough up the sides.
- Place the pan in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Blend the tofu, maple syrup, mint, and coconut oil together until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the crusts from the freezer and fill each crust with the mint filling and top with cherry halves.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes or let sit in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days or in the freezer for a few weeks.
There will probably be leftover filling, save it and enjoy with fruit, granola, or on oatmeal.