These almond joy bars are the perfect dessert to make when you're wanting something sweet! They are ideal for when you want to throw something together without having to turn on your oven!
No-Bake Almond Joy Bars [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or agave)
For the Filling:
- 2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup coconut cream*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
For the Ganache Topping:
- 6 oz. dark vegan chocolate chips (or a bar, chopped up)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
For the Garnish:
- handful of coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- handful of sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor until well incorporated and until the mixture sticks together when pinched.
- Spoon into an 8×8, parchment-lined pan and press down to form an even crust layer
- Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon on top of the crust and smooth out to form an even layer. DON’T press it down too much. You want a light, fluffy center.
- To make the ganache, melt the chocolate with the coconut cream and almond extract over a double boiler, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Let the ganache cool a bit, then pour it over the top of your filling ingredients.
- Place the coconut flakes and sliced almonds in the oven at 350° F for about 15 minutes to toast and garnish with these.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving and store refrigerated.
*You will need 2 cans of full fat coconut milk. Place the cans in the fridge for a couple of days (or longer). When you’re ready to make the recipe, invert the cans before opening and pour off the liquid, which will have separated from the cream and use just the cream for the filling and the ganache.