Eating colorful frosted cupcakes or other treats doesn't require artificial food coloring! Please be my guest and use this vegan frosting any way you wish, even if you just prefer going the traditional route by frosting cake or cupcakes. The flavor is a hint fruity, which actually makes it quite versatile. Its pink hue comes naturally by way of pomegranate juice reduction.
Natural Pink Party Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- In a small saucepan, add the pomegranate juice and coconut oil. Place over medium heat and simmer until mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the reduced pomegranate juice mixture to a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and salt and beat with an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy, at least 3 minutes. Adjust powdered sugar or pomegranate juice to desired consistency, if needed.