This unique potato salad proves that with herbs and a little creative flavoring, you can make a super simple and plain dish like potato salad, into something truly extraordinary. In this particular recipe, fingerling potatoes are boiled until tender, tossed in creamy vegan mayonnaise, zesty mustard, and herbs and spices, and then grilled. It's a flavorful side dish for your cookout that can be enjoyed warm or cold.
Mustard Grilled Potato Salad [Vegan]
- 3 3/4 cups fingerling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 of 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other high heat oil)
- Dill salt, to garnish
- Wash and slice the potatoes in halves. Place them into a large saucepan, cover with water, and season with salt. Place pan over medium-high heat and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the vegan mayonnaise, mustard, agave, shallot, lemon juice, oil, herbs, spices, salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill.
- When the potatoes are cool, place them in a large mixing bowl. Toss with avocado oil and season with sea salt. Place potatoes on the grill, cut sides down. Cook until you get the grill marks on the potatoes, about 4-5 minutes. Flip the potatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add grilled potatoes to the mixing bowl with dressing and stir to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Garnish with dill salt for enhanced flavor. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Potato Recipes