These flavorful veggie burgers start with meaty mushrooms and protein-packed lentils as a base. Sautéed onion, dry herbs, and liquid smoke add more flavor to the mix. Take these to the next level by assembling your burger with toasted hamburger buns, vegan cheese, greens, and other trimmings. Serve with your favorite side of fries.
Mushroom Lentil Burger [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom Lentil Burger [Vegan]
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 10-ounce can green lentils
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and finely chopped
How to Prepare Mushroom Lentil Burger [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven at 345°F. Sauté onion with salt and pepper in some oil on medium heat, until it softens.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and tarragon, and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until the mushrooms are soft.
- Transfer to a food processor along with all the remaining ingredients except 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and the olives. Pulse until the mixture is combined and finely chopped, but not too smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the remaining bread crumbs and olives. Shape into patties and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn them over and bake for another 15 minutes on the other side. Serve with a salad or in hamburger buns with for example salad, tomatoes, onion, mustard, ketchup, and vegan cheese.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 608 | Total Carbs: 114 g | Total Fat: 6 g | Total Protein: 38 g | Total Sodium: 3542 g | Total Sugar: 16 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.