Miso soup is traditionally an appetizer because it's light and brothy. This mushroom kale miso soup has a few more veggies to make it a light meal.
Mushroom Kale Miso Soup [Vegan]
- 4 ounces mushrooms, diced
- Splash olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 3/4 cup kale, packed (from 1 large leaf)
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Add mushrooms and olive oil to a 2 quart dutch oven or stock pot. Saute until the mushrooms start to release their liquid. Mix in garlic, water, broth, miso, black pepper (if using) and tofu. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in kale and rice vinegar. Stir until the kale softens.
- Divide soup among 3 bowls and serve.