This meaty mushroom bourguignon is the perfect addition to any table. It combines the savoriness of the traditional entrée with the unique earthiness of mushroom. Serve these over a bed of roasted potatoes or steamed rice. If you're looking for something to impress dinner guests, this recipe is it!
Mushroom Bourguignon [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Mushroom Bourguignon [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups portobello mushrooms, in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup red wine
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
How To Make Mushroom Bourguignon [Vegan]
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to release their juices, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add the carrots and onions and saute, stirring, until onions are translucent and golden, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add the wine and stir to combine, scraping any fond off the bottom of the pot. Increase heat to bring to a boil and reduce the wine to about 1 cup. Add the tomato paste, broth and mushrooms. Once the liquid returns to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Whisk the corn starch with 1/4 cup cold water and stir it in. Simmer, stirring, about 10 more minutes until thickened.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Made this for Christmas dinner….a SUPER HIT!!!! YUM