Inspired by the classic cocktail, this ice cream is rich, chocolatey, and boozy with a hint of coffee. Throw it in a blender with some almond milk and you’ve got yourself a frozen mudslide. Plus this recipe only has six ingredients. Boozy & ice cream with only 6 ingredients?!? Yes please.
Mudslide Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2-4 ounces Kahlua or other coffee flavored liquor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place a bowl in the freezer for 10-20 minutes to make it cold. If you’re using a stand mixer, make sure you use that bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the cold bowl and use an electric mixer to whip the ice cream. Start with 2 ounces Kahlua and taste. If it’s too mild, add another ounce. Keep adjusting until you reach your preferred level of booziness. Keep in mind that too much alcohol will inhibit the ice cream from freezing completely.
- Mix the ice cream until it’s very creamy and well combined. Transfer it to a freezer safe container. I have found that airtight glass containers that are freezer safe protect from freezer burn better than any others. If you don’t have glass or an air tight container, make sure you wrap it really well with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer and let it sit for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Pull the ice cream out of the freezer about 10 minutes ahead of time when you’re ready to dig in. Homemade ice cream can get super hard since it doesn’t have all of the processed ingredients and chemicals in it to keep it the perfect ice cream consistency.