If you want to make your friends think you spent all day in the kitchen working on dessert, then these are for you. While they may look and taste fancy, they take next to no time to prep and serve. They aren't overly sweet, but they make the perfect complement to any dinner!
Mocha Almond Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Mocha Almond Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup instant coffee
- 2 tbsp flax meal + ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 pkg silken tofu
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp stevia (or other sweetener)
How to Prepare Mocha Almond Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place all crust ingredients, except for the flax and water, into a food processor and pulse until it comes together, about one minute. In a separate bowl, mix together the water and flax meal and then mix in the other crust ingredients. Press about 1 tbsp of crust mixture into a lightly greased muffin tin cup on the bottom and up the sides. - make sure there are no thin spots. Repeat until mixture is used up. Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- While crust is setting, place all filling ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined - about 30 seconds.
- Gently remove crusts from muffin tins - if they are sticking just gently run a knife around the edges and then they should slide out. Place crusts on a cookie sheet and then pour in the filling to the top of each. Set in the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving. If freezing, let them sit out for 5-10 minutes before you serve them. If you put them in the fridge the middles will be a little looser than if you freeze them.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.