Utilizing your local Farmers Markets is one if the best ways to taste the wonders of the summer growing season. We picked up tender Red Russian and green kale, organic radishes, fresh blueberries and basil. Even garlic scapes made a rare appearance! We combined all and topped with sliced almonds and rosemary ciabatta croutons. The slightly sweet lemon poppy vinaigrette brings together this summer salad sensation.
Mixed Kale Salad With Rosemary Ciabatta Croutons and Lemon Poppy Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- 2 cups green kale, stems removed, chopped
- 2 cups red Russian kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1/3 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/2 cup radish, thin slice
- 3 garlic scapes, fine chopped
- Small handful fresh basil, rough chop
- 2 cups ciabatta, 1-inch cubes
- Few springs of rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Chop ciabatta into 1-inch cubes and chop rosemary. Heat sauté pan on med-high then coat with olive oil. Add ciabatta and rosemary, toss a few minutes until browned then set aside.
- Add all ingredients for dressing in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Prep kale, basil, radishes and garlic scapes as noted in salad ingredient list. Then combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl along with croutons and toss well.
- Gently coat salad with dressing and toss. Garnish with more croutons and serve immediately. Enjoy!