The color of miso can vary from light yellow, good to use in a sweet miso soup during warm weather, to a deep dark brown with earthy tones and hearty flavor, which can be cooked with cubed root vegetables, wakame sea vegetable and dark leafy greens during the colder months.
Miso Soup With Vegetables [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon white or dark miso paste
- 3 leaves silverbeet
- 2 leaves kale
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup sprouted mung beans
- 1/2 cup green peas
- any other veggie you like
- Add vegetables to boiling water and simmer for 3-5 min. Add miso paste once the soup has cooled down, otherwise the beneficial bacterial gets destroyed.
- You can also add 1 teaspoon of white or dark miso paste to any soup recipe once it’s cooked and cooled right before it gets served.