Refreshing, minty, and gorgeous — how can it get any better than that? How about the fact that these pretty blue cheesecake bars use all-natural food coloring for a pop of summery color? The coconutty base paired with the creamy cashew filling (which you can flavor however you like) is absolute dessert perfection.
Minty Blue Cheesecake Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Filling:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon blue matcha
- 1/2 teaspoon chlorophyl
- 1/2 teaspoon blue spirulina
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
For the Base:
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Place all ingredients for the base in a food processor. Process until it forms a ball and can hold itself together. Add a splash of water if necessary.
- Press the base into your molds and put it in the freezer.
- Add the ingredients for the filling to a blender and blend until smooth. Approximately 1 minute.
- Divide your cashew filling into two or three parts. You can flavor these however you want and color them with natural ingredients. Or, you can make just one flavor! For the first layer, use mint chlorophyll. The other layers are almond, with blue matcha and blue spirulina layers. Feel free to get creative. If you're doing two layers like in the photo, you’ll need to freeze one layer at a time for 30 minutes each.
- Once they've solidified for 30 minutes, you're free to dig in.