Can you believe this whole thing is raw and vegan? My raw vegan mint chocolate chip banana ice cream is so healthy and refreshing!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream [Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/8 cup mint leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup raw vegan coconut oil chocolate or your choice of raw chocolate
For the Raw Vegan Coconut Oil Chocolate:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- A pinch of salt
- Make the raw vegan coconut oil chocolate ahead of time. To make this, add all of the coconut oil chocolate's ingredients into a bowl and whisk well until you have a nice thick smooth chocolate sauce. Fill a silicone chocolate mold with the chocolate sauce and place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes until the chocolate hardens. If you don't have a silicone chocolate mold, spread the chocolate sauce onto a parchment paper into your desired thickness and freeze. *If you have some other raw chocolate lying around, you are more than welcome to use that instead of making the coconut oil chocolate, so skip this step if you do.
- Put frozen bananas, mint leaves, peppermint extract, and baby spinach into a blender and blend until smooth like a soft serve.
- Take out the raw vegan coconut oil chocolate from the freezer and chop it up to make the chocolate chips.
- If you like the soft serve texture of the nice cream, mix in the chocolate chips and serve. If you would like the mint nice cream to be scoop-able, transfer it to a freezer safe air-tight container and add in the chocolate chips. Fold gently a few of times. Don't over-mix as the chocolate chips will start melting into the nice cream.
- Place in the freezer and chill for 3-4 hours until it gets firm enough to scoop out.
- When you are ready to serve, scoop the mint nice cream out and sprinkle some extra chocolate chips.