These decadent little beauties are like vegan heaven in a dessert. They are not difficult to make, but might take a little practice and some patience in getting that perfect little soft serve ice cream swirl.
Mini Vegan Chocolate Cheesecakes [Vegan, Gluten Free]
Graham Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs or, (1x220g package of graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil coconut
For the Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in boiling water for 1 hour)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive or melted coconut oil (or any neutral-flavored oil)
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate+ 1/2 cup (melted in the microwave in 15-second increments)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa nibs
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and coconut oil until well blended. The texture should resemble wet sand.
- Cut circles and tabs from a piece of parchment paper and place the tabs in an "X" shape at the base of the muffin mold then top with circle shape. This makes removing the crust much easier. Press mixture covering the bottom of the mold 1 inch thick. Bake 7 minutes.
- Add soaked cashew, lemon juice, coconut cream, ½ cup of melted chocolate chips, to blender and pulse until very smooth
- Empty contents of the blender into a bowl and place in the fridge for 2-3 hrs or until the mixture has fully hardened. Your mix should not be runny and hold its shape if you shape peaks.
- Take a large piping bag and fill up the chocolate cashew mixture. Alternatively, you can also use a large Ziplock bag and cut a small hole at one of the ends.
- Remove crusts from tins and place them onto a surface where they won't slide around. I would suggest a cookie sheet with a paper towel underneath.
- This next part is slightly tricky. In order to make the cheese twists, practice a few times squeezing out the contents of the ziplock bag while making a soft-serve ice cream motion on an empty plate until you get the hang of it.
- Top with cocoa nibs, and the leftover melted chocolate. Enjoy!