These collard green wraps are refreshing and packed with plenty of delicious veggies but will also keep you full throughout the day thanks to the white bean mash. The wraps are the perfect meal to whip up for lunch or anytime you want a light, healthy meal that won't leave you hungry 30 minutes later. This recipe is pretty simple to substitute and swap out ingredients as well. You can use chickpeas instead of white beans, add olives instead of capers, and choose which veggies you want to throw in as well.
Mediterranean White Bean Collard Green Wraps [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 4 collard green leaves
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 avocado, smashed or sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup baba ghanoush, hummus, or tahini
- 1/2 cup julienned veggies of choice
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Place cauliflower onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through cooking.
- In the meantime, chop the stems off of the bottom of the collard greens. Turn the leaf over and slice the thick part of the stem lengthwise to make the remaining stem a bit more tender. Boil water in a skillet. Place collards in the boiling water and remove. Place in a bowl with water and ice quickly to stop the cooking and then transfer to a clean cloth or paper towel to dry. You’re now ready to use these collards.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and allow to cool. In a medium bowl, mash the white beans, cauliflower, salt, pepper, and spices together until there is a mixture of bits and chunks of cauliflower and beans. Fold in sun-dried tomato, marinated artichoke hearts, capers, and chopped rosemary.
- Spread 2 tablespoons hummus and avocado slices/mash on each collard green wrap. Add 1/4 of the bean and cauliflower mixture to each collard. Add julienned veggies on top. Fold over one side of the collard and fold in the ends. Then fold over the remaining side and place seam side down on a plate.