This recipe is amazingly light and fluffy, and not too sweet! In fact, the only only sweetener is from the maple added on top!
Matcha Berry Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Wet Mix
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- 2 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- 2/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Dry Mix
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
For the Pancake Garnish
- Maple syrup
- Vegan butter
- For the wet mix, in a bowl mix the ground flax and the warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and olive oil and stir well. Set aside until ready to add to the dry mix.
- For the dry mix, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and matcha to a bowl and whisk till well mixed. Add the wet mix and stir until most of the lumps are gone. Be careful not to over stir!
- To cook the pancakes, heat a skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of oil to the pan. Ladle out a portion of the pancake batter into the pan. Sprinkle some of the fresh fruit around the top of the pancake.
- Cook until the pancake is bubbling around the edges and then flip (after about 4 minutes).
- Cook on the other side about 4-5 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- To serve, top with more berries, maple syrup and vegan butter!