If you haven't tried marinating your tempeh, now is the time to start! Tempeh plays center stage in this delicious salad with sweet potatoes and crispy greens. It's bursting with flavor and boasts an array of textures that is sure to make you want more.
Marinated Tempeh Salad [Vegan]
- 1 block of tempeh, cubed and marinated for 20-30 minutes
- 1-2 large orange sweet potato, cut into fries and roasted
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- Baby spinach
- Coconut oil, for frying
- A dash of paprika
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 356°F.
- Clean and prep your sweet potato fries, then pop them on a lined baking tray with a little coconut oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. Roast until golden brown and cooked through.
- Make your marinade sauce by adding all marinade ingredients into a small bowl and mixing well.
- Dice your tempeh block into cubes and place into a shallow tray and coat evenly with the marinade. Set aside for 15-20mins.
- Finely chop your red onion and bell pepper. Wash and rinse the baby spinach.
- In a frying pan, add a little coconut oil and when the tempeh is ready, lightly fry on each side until cooked through and golden brown, approximately 2 minutes.
- Once all is cooked, set aside, add a little more coconut oil and cook up the diced red onion. Once nice and crispy, remove and can plate up once your fries are done.
- Lay out the baby spinach on a plate, adding the sweet potato fries, tempeh cubes, red pepper, and finally, the crispy red onion.
- Salt and pepper if you so wish, and enjoy!