This Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter is absolutely delicious in porridge, cereals, toast, waffles, pancakes etc…. Sweetened with maple syrup, it is spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric. Perfect as a spread for breakfast or snack.
Maple Spiced Almond and Sunflower Seed Butter [Vegan]
- 4.4-ounces sunflower seeds
- 5.3-ounces almonds (skin on)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 1/5 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 370°F/fan 338°F/gas 5.
- Spread sunflower seeds and almonds on a baking tray and roast for around 10-12 mins.
- When done, whizz roasted sunflower seeds and almonds in a blender or food processor for around 15-20 mins until you have a smooth creamy paste. You might need to stop the blender/food processor a few times to scrape the sides. Be patient. The longer you wait, the smoother your nut butter will be.
- Transfer to a bowl. mix in spices, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Adjust to your own taste if needed.
- The spices will make this Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter solidify slightly. If you want the nut butter to be super smooth, simply transfer it back to the blender and whizz for a few minutes until you have the desired consistency.
- This Almond & Sunflower Seed Butter will keep in an airtight jar in the fridge. It will harden with the cold, but it just takes a few minutes at room temperature to soften.