What I love about tempeh is that it’s so great for marinating. It can take on so many different flavors!
Maple Balsamic Glazed Tempeh [Vegan]
- 1 pack tempeh
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- If frozen, defrost the tempeh in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the tempeh into triangles or strips.
- Prepare the marinade my mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl big enough to fit the tempeh.
- Marinate the tempeh for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- In a frying pan, on medium heat, cook the tempeh and marinade for 15-20 minutes (or until the marinade has evaporated).
- Turn the tempeh frequently to avoid burning or overcooking.
- Serve with fresh veggies, over rice, quinoa, or noodles. You can also prepare a basic balsamic vinaigrette for the rest of your dish if you like.