Risotto is such a perfect comfort food, right? I mean it’s simple to make, can feed larger crowds, it’s affordable, it is creamy and so flavorful! It ticks all the boxes of how comfort food should look like! If you love Risotto, you have to try this Low FODMAP Creamy Tomato Risotto!
Low FODMAP Creamy Tomato Risotto [Vegan]
- 14 ounces tin of chopped tomatoes
- 8.5 ounces low fodmap vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 spring onions (only the green parts)
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup white wine (you can replace it with more stock if you prefer)
- 5 tablespoons plant-based cream
- 1 ounce Freshly Grated plant-based Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper
- First, make your tomato-based stock. Place the tin of chopped tomatoes into a large jug. Add in the vegetable stock, and stir. Heat this stock in a small pan or in the microwave until almost boiling, then turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add the green parts of spring onion, and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add in the rice and stir until the oil has coated the rice. Add in the wine and stir.
- Wait for the wine to almost fully absorb (stirring regularly) and then add the tomato stock a ladle at a time, ensuring each ladle has almost fully absorbed before adding the next. Ensure you stir regularly.
- After about 15-20 minutes you should have used up all of the stock. Have a taste of the rice. It should be softer, but still have a bit of a bite to it (it will soften up further when you add the cream). If the rice is still too hard, you can add in a ladle or so of water. Turn the heat down to very low.
- Stir in the plant-based cream, plant-based parmesan, plant-based butter, and salt & pepper.
- Serve it topped with more parmesan and/or fresh basil or coriander.
- Serve while it's warm and enjoy!