Vegan potato nachos are loaded with creamy queso, beans, tomatoes, and green onion. These tasty nachos are a perfect appetizer, or a whole meal served alongside Mexican quinoa or a hearty kale salad.
Loaded Vegan Potato Nachos [Vegan]
For the Potatoes:
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon aquafaba or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
For the Vegan Queso:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4-1 cup hot water, depending on desired consistency
- 2 cups black beans, or 1-15 ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
For the Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Slice the potatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with garlic powder, chili powder, aquafaba or water and salt, if using. Lay the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until easily pierced with a fork and golden brown.
For the Cashew Queso:
- Add all ingredients except water to a blender. Add 3/4 cup hot water and blend on high for 2-3 minutes if using a high powered blender, or 5-8 minutes if using a regular blender.
- Blend until completely smooth and creamy. Add more hot water as necessary, a tablespoon at a time, to aid in blending.
For the Assembly:
- Once the potato slices are done roasting, pile the potatoes on a serving platter and load with desired toppings. Drizzle with vegan queso and serve more on the side as desired. Enjoy!