A delicious and aromatic dinner that you'd swear you got in a restaurant! Full of comforting flavors and spices.
Lentil Masala With Curry Cauliflower [Vegan]
For the Lentil Masala:
- 2 cups (do not need to be pre-soaked) Balady lentils
- 4 cups Water
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced (or tomatoes of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala (store bought or recipe below)
- 1/2 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Dry chili pepper flakes to taste
- Onion (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger fresh (minced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Fresh coriander leaves (only leaves)
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- Himalayan Pink salt to taste
For Homemade Garam Masala:
- 2 tablespoons Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Bring the water with lentils to boiling, turn down the heat and cover with lid. Let it simmer until water evaporates. Taste If the lentils are tender; if not, add 1/4 cup of water and cook few minutes longer.
- In the meantime, sauté onions with garlic and ginger until translucent. Add gradually all the spices while stirring and sauté for another minute or two. You may reduce the heat to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- When ready, add tomatoes and mix thoroughly. Cover with lid and let simmer for 15 to 20 min until mushy. Take it off the heat and transfer to a blender; blend until completely smooth.
- Mix well with lentil and add fresh coriander leaves, serve with basmati rice and curry cauliflower.