This lentil and chickpea curry is spicy, hearty, packed with protein, and made with just six ingredients in two easy steps. Lentils are stewed in a coconut milk based yellow curry until fragrant, then served with chickpeas and any additional veggies and fresh herbs of your choice. Get ready for the most incredible, delicious, and simple curry.
Lentil and Chickpea Yellow Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Curry:
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan yellow curry paste
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Optional Add-Ins:
- Lemon juice
- Chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- Spiced cashews
- Heat a large pot. Use a bit coconut oil or just vegetable broth for frying the onions and garlic. Do this for at least 3 minutes, then add coconut milk, lentils, and yellow curry paste. Cook this for 20 minutes, but no longer than that. We don’t want the ingredients mushy or overcooked. Just 5 minutes from the end, add chickpeas.
- Choose your optional add-ons and customize your curry to your liking.