Lemon lovers rejoice! These little lemon tartlets are a hybrid between lemon bars and a chewy oatmeal cookie loaded with pecans and shredded coconut. Brilliant, lemony coconut cream is layered atop an oatmeal cookie crust. Sure to satisfy any lemon craving, these luxurious tartlets come in individual sizes, making them perfect for parties and so you don't have to share. Crust recipe inspired by 'Raw Pumpkin-Maple Pie with Baked Oat Crust' by Angela Liddon.
Lemon Tartlets With Oatmeal Cookie Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Lemon Curd:
- Juice of 2-3 lemons, depending on the intensity of the lemon flavor you are looking for
- 2/3 cup of coconut cream (solid part from a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon (or more) of turmeric powder
For the Oatmeal Cookie Crust:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 7 pitted dates
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the Topping:
- Lemon zest
To Make the Oatmeal Cookie Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- While the oven is preheating, make the tartlet crust.
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crust sticks together well.
- Press crust evenly amongst 4 tartlet molds, making sure to press up into the edges of the mold with a little less crust in the middle (you are leaving room for the filling here).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crust is lightly golden.
- Remove baked crust from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, make the lemon curd.
To Make the Lemon Curd:
- Place coconut cream, lemon juice, and agave nectar in a medium-sized saucepan and warm over medium heat until the mixture is well combined. Stir frequently.
- Next, add the cornstarch and coconut milk, stirring continuously until the curd is thickened.
- Add turmeric powder for color and mix well.
- Remove the curd from the heat.
- Pour lemon curd evenly between the 4 prepared tartlet crusts.
- Place on an even surface and cool tartlets in the refrigerator for at least an hour. You can cut time in half by placing tartlets in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove tartlets from the refrigerator/freezer and sit for about 10-15 minutes on your kitchen counter.
- Top with fresh blueberries and lemon zest as desired.