This lemon, pepper asparagus pasta with sugar snap peas is filled with so many shades of green and even more shades of deliciousness!
Lemon Pepper Asparagus Pasta With Sugar Snap Peas [Vegan]
- 1 bag of vegan friendly pasta
- 1 head/bunch of fresh asparagus
- 2 lemons (and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Before you start, get everything ready. De-pod your peas if necessary, zest one whole lemon, and thinly slice the same lemon (or a fresh one) and place on a baking sheet. Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Bring pot of water to a boil.
- Slice the asparagus tips and then proceed slicing diagonally creating 1-inch pieces.
- Blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes (less time = more crunch). Drain and rinse under cool water to stop it from cooking further.
- Boil another pot of water, add a dash of pink salt and add the pasta. Cook according to the package directions (again, less time = al dente pasta).
- Meanwhile, put your lemon slices in the oven and cook for 15 minutes (or until as blackened as you want).
- Once pasta is cooked to desired tenderness, drain and rinse with cool water. Add the olive oil.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 whole lemon. Now toss.
- Next add the asparagus. Add the peas, add about 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, and add salt and pepper.
- Lastly, remove the lemons from oven and gently lay on top of pasta for presentation.