Delicious Hummus with Lemon and Garlic to tantalize your taste buds!
Lemon Garlic Hummus [Vegan]
- In a large soup pot, add dry chickpeas and cover with 8 cups water [chickpeas will expand while soaking] and let soak for 12 hours or overnight.
- Once soaked, discard water and rinse chickpeas. Add chickpeas back to soup pot along with 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. then reduce to a simmer for 1.5 hours
- If using the Instant pot, add chickpeas along with 6 cups water. Set the timer to 14 minutes on manual. Once finished turn off Instant Pot and let it naturally depressurize.
- Very carefully remove the chickpeas from either stove top or IP, give them a rinse and add them to a large bowl of cold water. Toss the chickpeas around with your hands to start loosening some of the skins.
- If you’re suffering with food sensitivity, we recommend peeling enough chickpeas for 3 cups. If not, you can skip the peeling part.
- Next, add 3 cups peeled [or unpeeled] chickpeas, garlic, salt, lemon juice, tahini and cumin to food processor and turn it on. Add water and 1/4 cup olive oil slowly while the food processor is running. This will give the hummus and extra creamy consistency.
- When finished, transfer hummus to a shallow bowl and drizzle with as much olive oil as you’d like, sprinkle with oregano a little extra cumin and a sprinkle of salt.
- 1-pound uncooked chickpeas [we will be using 3 cups cooked]
- 5 tbsp runny tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin plus extra
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra
- 3 tablespoon lukewarm water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile