Layered No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are chewy, thick, decadent, and also happen to be vegan and gluten-free! The perfect warm-weather treat. No-bake desserts during these warm months, just kinda feel right. Not only is having your oven blasting for 30 minutes totally unpleasant, but you can’t deny it feels kinda weird and out of place eating a hot chocolate chip cookie on a blazing summer day.
Layered No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter - conventional or natural
- Lightly grease a 9x9 inch square pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Slowly stir in coconut cream, coconut sugar, vanilla and sea salt. Continue until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Lower heat and mix in the quick oats and shredded coconut. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside the other half of the portion for the topping.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a double boiler over low heat, stirring frequently until well combined. Pour the chocolate/peanut butter over the oat mixture in the pan, and spread evenly.
- Using your hands, crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the chocolate/peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.