Lasagna is one of those amazing foods that often gets relegated to special occasions because it takes so much time and effort to put together. This one-pan lasagna skillet brings all the flavor of traditional lasagna in an easy weeknight meal! Feel free to snea in nutritious cannellini beans and lentils for a hidden punch of protein.
Lasagna Skillet [Vegan]
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup (66 g) red lentils
- 1 (15.5-oz [439-g]) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz (227 g) no-bake lasagna noodles
- Fresh parsley and/or basil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-oz [411-g]) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (28-oz [794-g]) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Serve topped with fresh herbs (if using)
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, oregano, thyme, salt, red pepper flakes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, and stir in the lentils and cannellini beans. Add the lasagna noodles to the pan, breaking them into large pieces as needed to t the pan. Stir to combine and submerge the noodles as much as possible.
- Cover and simmer for 16 to 20 minutes, until the noodles are tender. Stir the noodles occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking together and to keep the noodles coated in tomato sauce.