This simple 10-minute Korean bean sprout salad is fresh, crunchy, and addicting. Toss them into a stir fry, enjoy it as a side dish, mix into a salad, or eat it as is. No matter how you eat it, you'll love it!
Kongnamul: Fresh Korean Bean Sprout Salad [Vegan]
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) of mung bean sprouts
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon gochugaru (Korean chili flakes), based on spice preference
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Clean bean sprouts by removing thin long tails and discarding any brown caps
- Rinse gently under cold water and drain
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in pan on medium high heat for 1-2 minutes and add bean sprouts. Sauté for 2 minutes
- Then add 1 tablespoon water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan. Turn heat to low and place lid on pan to steam for 6 minutes. Do not remove lid!
- Afterwards, rinse under cold water, drain and place in bowl
- Add scallions, gochugaru, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss and serve