This simple 10-minute Korean bean sprout salad is fresh, crunchy, and addicting. Toss them into a stir fry, enjoy it as a side dish, mix into a salad, or eat it as is. No matter how you eat it, you'll love it!
Kongnamul: Fresh Korean Bean Sprout Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Kongnamul: Fresh Korean Bean Sprout Salad [Vegan]
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) of mung bean sprouts
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon gochugaru (Korean chili flakes), based on spice preference
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Kongnamul: Fresh Korean Bean Sprout Salad [Vegan]
- Clean bean sprouts by removing thin long tails and discarding any brown caps
- Rinse gently under cold water and drain
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in pan on medium high heat for 1-2 minutes and add bean sprouts. Sauté for 2 minutes
- Then add 1 tablespoon water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan. Turn heat to low and place lid on pan to steam for 6 minutes. Do not remove lid!
- Afterwards, rinse under cold water, drain and place in bowl
- Add scallions, gochugaru, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss and serve
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.