Artichoke dips are sadly infamous for being laden with dairy and having high saturated fat content. However, you can recreate similar version sans all of that without sacrificing flavor or texture, and that’s how the vegan Kale Artichoke Dip was born!
Kale and Artichoke Dip [Vegan]
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered (in water or oil), drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 can hearts of palm in water, drained,
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced/massaged kale
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 2/3 cup vegan sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 tabespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the quartered artichoke hearts with olive oil and cook for 3-5 minutes until lightly crispy and brown. Add the garlic, cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse until desired texture is achieved - all textures are good!
- Fold in the nutritional yeast, vegan sour cream, & vegan parm into the blended mixture. Layer into a dish and sprinkle Panko on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes on 350ºF, remove from heat, set on broil, and toast the Panko on top. Should only take 2-3 minutes! If you want it to be piping hot, make an aluminum foil tent on top to prevent the top from burning.
- Serve with french bread, veggies, or tortilla chips!