Instant Pot vegetable curry rice is pilaf style with veggies, curry powder, and extra spices to give it a burst of flavor with every bite. The Instant Pot makes quick work of this healthy brown basmati rice loaded with everything you need for a quick vegan lite meal or side dish with pizzazz.
Instant Pot Vegetable Curry Rice [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Instant Pot Vegetable Curry Rice [Vegan]
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen peas
How to Prepare Instant Pot Vegetable Curry Rice [Vegan]
- Heat the Instant Pot to High Simmer. Add the cumin seeds and black mustard seeds. Toast the seeds for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the onions and carrots. Mix them into the spices and sauté for 3 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander, paprika, and chili powder. Stir all the ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the rinsed rice. Allow 2-3 minutes to mix the rice will all of the seasonings. This allows a few minutes for the rice to start collecting the flavors.
- Add the broth and use a wooden spoon to clear the bottom of the Instant Pot from any vegetables that are sticking.
- Mix in the frozen peas. Give the Instant Pot another clear along the bottom. Then place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Set the steam release handle to Sealing. Set the time for 22 minutes at High Pressure. Turn off the warm function.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished. Allow 10 minutes for a natural steam release. Then you can unseal the Instant Pot using the steam release handle.
- Fluff the rice and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.