This cabbage soup recipe is made with simple, wholesome ingredients it comes together quickly in the instant pot (or on the stovetop!) It’s freezer friendly, too! This cabbage soup includes some of summer’s best produce – fresh sweet corn and zucchini. If you’re making it in the winter, you could easily sub in other seasonal ingredients like broccoli, chickpeas, potatoes, etc. Whether you make it on the stove top or in an instant pot, you’re gonna love it!
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup zucchini
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Add oil to the instant pot and turn it on the sauté function. Add carrots, celery, and onion and sauté 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and sauté 3 more minutes.
- Add cabbage, corn, zucchini, and broth, then stir to combine. Set the instant pot to soup function for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn the valve to instant release. After pressure has released, open and stir. Serve and enjoy!
For stovetop – Add oil to a large pot and heat to medium low. Sauté carrots, celery, and onion 5-8 minutes until softened. Add garlic and sauté 3 more minutes. Add cabbage, corn, zucchini, broth, and seasonings, then stir to combine. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Then cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.