You've seen plenty of cashew cheeses and almond cheeses, but today we want to introduce you to hazelnut cheese! Sure, there are plenty of plant-based cheeses on the market, but they can be quite pricy and have additives or ingredients that you might want to steer clear of. You can easily make this "dairy" product at home using just 4 ingredients. It is creamy, soft, and super spreadable; you will want to put a layer of it on everything.
Homemade Hazelnut Cheese [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 4/5 cups peeled hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon agar agar
- 1 tablespoon soy lecithin
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Let the hazelnuts soak overnight.
- Rinsed the soaked hazelnuts off and then throw them into a food processor. Process until completely pulverized.
- Add soy lecithin, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a saucepan, boil 1/4 cup of water. When it boils, add the agar agar and we stir for 3-5 minutes until it is dissolved.
- Pour the agar agar over the hazelnut paste and stir very well with a wooden spoon until a homogeneous paste is obtained. Pour the mixture into a mold of your choice and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- All Vegan Cheese