If you love chocolate-covered anything, you have to try these homemade chocolate covered blueberries! You'll definitely be tempted to eat the whole batch in one sitting.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Blueberries [Vegan]
- 2 cups of blueberries, pierced and dehydrated 8-12 hours at 150°F
- 1 cup dark chocolate (70% or up)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grease-proof paper
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir in the vanilla, coconut oil and salt. Stir until nicely combined.
- Take the bowl off the heat and pour in the blueberries. Stir with a spatula to coat. Try to coat all the berries evenly.
- Using a fork and a spoon, scoop out the blueberries and arrange them on the paper. Try to make sure they are evenly spaced and not touching.
- Once the tray is full, put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the tray from the fridge, and break apart the blueberries. Your hands will probably get a little messy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge to use for later! They taste amazing on top of ice cream or granola!
Just a note, you can use fresh blueberries instead but I would try to use dried or dehydrated ones if you can. The blueberry flavor is much punchier when dried!