This warm and comforting meal comes together easily and is packed with flavor!
Hearty Chickpea Soup [Vegan]
- 9 oz (250 g) cooked chickpeas
- 2 leeks
- 1 large onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- Slice the onions and sauté them in a pan with a splash of olive oil until they are golden brown. Transfer them, together with the oil, to a plate and set aside. Slice the leek into rings and sauté for a couple of minutes in olive oil. Make sure that the rings don’t turn brown.
- Add two cups of water and stir in a tablespoon of ras-el-hanout. Add the curry paste one tablespoon at a time and taste the soup to make sure it doesn’t get too spicy. Allow the soup to simmer for 5 minutes or until the leeks are cooked through. Add the chickpeas and cook for a few more minutes. Divide the soup over the plates. Garnish with the fried onion rings.
- Don’t forget to add the olive oil from the onion rings; it tastes delicious. Spoon a bit of it over the soup to create some gorgeous pearls of flavorful oil.