Healthy Peach Crumble Bars with a Crumb Topping made with all vegan and gluten-free ingredients for an delicious fruity dessert! The texture of these is perfect, chewy but soft in the centre. They have an oaty base, a peach jam centre and a crumb topping. So delicious!
Healthy Peach Jam Crumble Bars [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter (any nut butter will work)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil (not in liquid form!)
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup organic rolled oats (GF if necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Peach Jam layer:
- 3 cups chopped peaches
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cashew butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in a large bowl. Add in the remaining crumb layer ingredients and mix well until you form the dough.
- Spread 2/3 of the bar dough into the baking dish. Bake in oven for 10 minutes and set aside the remaining crumb mixture for later.
- While the crumb bars bake, add the chopped fruit to a medium saucepan with the maple syrup and stir over medium/high heat for a couple of minutes then cover and let the fruit soften for about 8 minutes (stirring every few minutes). Remove fruit from heat and add to food processor or blender and blend.
- Add the fruit layer back to sauce pan and warm over medium/low heat for about 10 minutes so the consistency thickens to more of a jam
- Evenly spread the peach fruit layer onto the crumb layer, sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Bake in oven for 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow the bars to cool and place in fridge for 10 minutes before slicing. Store in fridge.