If you are looking for a holiday pie that without all the added sugar and preservatives, look no further because my cranberry apple crumble pie is everything you have been searching for and more! This decadent pie is a perfect dessert to end your dinner festivities or heck, it’s even healthy enough to be your post holiday breakfast!
Healthy Cranberry Apple Crumble Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 32g vegan protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
For the Crumble:
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 packet stevia
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare two small (about 3 to 4-inch) oven safe ramekins with non-stick spray or large (about 7 to 8-inch) ramekin or pie pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a mixer, mix all dry crust ingredients together. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- If using two small ramekins like I did, separate the dough into two even portions. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the ramekins to make the crust. If using one large ramekin or pie pan, press all the dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides to make the crust.
- Fill crust with thinly sliced apples and cranberries like pictured above and set aside while you make the crumble. In a medium bowl, stir together all crumble ingredients until everything is incorporated. Sprinkle the crumble over the apples and cranberries.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are soft.