Looking for an easy meal to enjoy with company? Try these grilled, stuffed sweet potatoes! No flipping necessary. No poking. No nothing. Just stand around and enjoy your company. Serve this as a side dish or as a light main dish over a bed of kale.
Grilled Sweet Potato Boats With Black Bean Mango Salsa [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
For the Black Bean Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 14-ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 16-ounce jar prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon of fresh snipped herbs such as cilantro, Oregano, sage or parsley, for garnish
- Wash the sweet potatoes and poke them several times with a fork.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a microwaveable dish and microwave them on high for 3-4 minutes. Flip them over and microwave them for another 3-4 minutes.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in heavy duty foil and place on a medium to medium-high grill for about 20 minutes until soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile, mix the salsa ingredients in a small bowl.
- When the sweet potatoes are finished cooking, unwrap them, split them and top them with the salsa.
- Serve immediately.